New in NoVA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NoVA Chicks, Sep 6, 2009.

1. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    My neighbors raised chickens when I was little, but this will be our first try doing it on our own.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    We have three eggs in the incubator and are hoping for at least two chicks in the near future.

(3) What breeds do you have?
    We're trying to raise Araucana rumpless chicks because chickens are technically not allowed where we are and I'm hoping I can convince the neighbors that they're quail. :)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    Google. ;-)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I volunteer and foster for retired racing Greyhounds (http://www.greytexpectations.org).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I have four dogs, three cats, and a toddler in Northern Virginia. I'm a single, work at home mom.

2. bigchickenman

bigchickenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Miamisburg,Ohio
    Welcome to the BYC.Hopefully your eggs do great and you end up with three chicks,they are so beautiful to watch grow up.Again a great big welcome from OHIO.

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. applefalls

applefalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Cockeysville, MD
    Welcome from MD!
    We're trying to raise Araucana rumpless chicks because chickens are technically not allowed where we are and I'm hoping I can convince the neighbors that they're quail. :)

Ha!
    My family has been trying to find a breed of dog that looks like a goat so that if we get a goat, we can try to convince our neighbors that it is a dog![​IMG]

5. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    Quote:Ha!
    My family has been trying to find a breed of dog that looks like a goat so that if we get a goat, we can try to convince our neighbors that it is a dog![​IMG]

How about a Scottish Deerhound? I have fawn Greyhounds and I'm pretty sure I could raise a herd of deer and no one would notice. ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG] from Lutz,FL

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Good luck with the hatch & getting quail

Imp

8. kagedgoddess

kagedgoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    virginia
    [​IMG] and good luck with those "quail" being Arucauna, mayne no one will know they are really chickens? when they lay just be like show me blue eggs in the grocery store, THEN i'll agree i have chickens, lol. its sad they are illegal in some places, honestly ive had neighbors who had 3 great danes, and their yard smelled worse than my chicken coop ANY day, even after a week of rain! sad sad sad. good luck with your hatching!!!

9. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. Love Gryhounds!!! I have one rescue, a red brindle I brought when I moved from FL. I used to volunteer and forster greyhounds there for many years. They are the sweetest dogs!! And you are quite sneaky when it comes to planning on passing critters off as other species......[​IMG] Best of luck with 'The Plan' [​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by