New (in-progress) coop pics-new chicken owners-would love feedback!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by franklinchickens, May 24, 2010.

1. franklinchickens

franklinchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    So we have 4 chickens that need to get out into the coop - due to flooding in our area, additional bad weather and no garage, we've been delayed. Not to mention the continual adjustments we've made to this customized run/coop. With the run being finished (pretty much) they can at least spend the days outside and we still bring them inside at night for safety reasons. We're using the blocks on the doors because we haven't installed the latches yet. Our hope is that it will be finished this next weekend.
    It's on the back of the bump out on the house with a storage area to the left, a run, a coop, and 4 green roof/raised beds on top. It's sitting on concrete pads with sand on one half of the run (under the coop) and pine shavings on the other. The nesting boxes will be on the right with access from the deck and my husband has framed me out a little viewing area by my office so I can see them from my window. For now, we're using the small feeders we started with but the plan is to attach feeders to the interior of the door on the coop. The coop will be insulated with siding on the exterior. We've been looking at what a lot of people have been doing and trying to incorporate safe & proper things while making it work with our yard & house. We would love any feedback on it - good or bad!
    They do get out into the yard at least 1 - 2 hours a day to graze - though I'm having trouble keeping them out of the garden beds!
    [​IMG]

2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks Great!
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm
    Your birds will love it and looks like plenty of room for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by