New in Snohomish, WA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AussiePie, Mar 24, 2013.

1. AussiePie

AussiePie New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    Snohomish, WA
    Hi, I'm Ursala, and I am in Snohomish, WA (little NE of Seattle). This sight has been a great help for the last year, and finally felt ready to put together a profile.

I started out last spring with 4 chicks; two EEs and and two silver laced wyandottes. One EE, Myrtle, turned out to be a rooster, and had to be "re-homed" (guessing he went to freezer camp... initially felt really guilty, but he was very aggressive, and I totally understand).

The three pullets have been great. I upped the ante, and am now testing my hand at incubating eggs. I now have 7 in my Brinsea Mini Advance, and should be going into lock-down Monday night. Very nervous and very excited. I am a little faint at heart when it comes to animal death (which I know is a true downside in raising chickens), so I am hoping all goes smoothly... and if any aren't going to make it, that they "decide" that before they even try to pip!

My new hobby has peeked the interest of my mom in Colorado as well, and I think she may be giving it a try this year as well... so I may try to reach out to some Colorado folks as well.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, AussiePie, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Good luck to you with your birds and happy hatching!!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]you might want to drop in on the Washingtonian thread - a large group of very active people - the thread takes off with no braking. You can easily fall many pages behind if you miss a day. Very fun group of people, helpful and supportive. I am NOT from Washington but, it's one of my favorite sites. Go to the "Where am I, Where are you," forum and then pick the WASH. thread

4. chickendude9

chickendude9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2013
    Snohomish, WA.
    I also live in snhomish county!! [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012