1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

New in Switzerland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by davrinli, May 14, 2016.

1. davrinli

davrinli New Egg

May 14, 2016
    Switzerland
    Hi. I have often read the posts here but only just now joined and decided to introduce myself. I am american but have lived in Switzerland for 10 years. We have had chickens now for 3 years. A variety but looking into breeding my Cochins and Seramas. Originally I thought I had bought 3 Cochin hens until one started to crow! He is however an interesting color. Hoping someone here can give me some info on the color. Cant find anything similar online. Still reading up on genetics. Very confusing but I will eventually get there. Thanks for any info. [​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Beautiful rooster, about the only thing I know is when a bird has dark red by the wings, is turns out to be a male. Seems like this prevails through all breeds. You may want to post the photo at "what breed or gender is this." Some of the folks are also quite knowledgeable about color genetics.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us over here! That is a beautiful Cochin!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by