New in the PNW

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by beautifulchaos, Nov 6, 2016.

1. beautifulchaos

beautifulchaos Just Hatched

Nov 6, 2016
    Been reading the past few weeks as we have recently acquired some quail. We are integrating a pair with a trio and I have some questions about making that go smoothly.
    So here I am! Hi!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Since you have been using BYC for a while, I guess that you know where the Quail forum is - I'm sure that they will be able to help with any questions that you may have.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. beautifulchaos

Nov 6, 2016
    Thanks! I was just over there making a post. :)

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you have decided to move from reading to posting, always great to have new voices join the conversations. Unfortunately, quail are not something I've a lot of experience with so hopefully someone with more experience will come along and answer this particular question for you - just wanted to say WELCOME!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, beautifulchaos, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community. Best wishes to you and your quail and thanks for joining BYC! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think it would be best to ask your questions on the quail thread. I believe they can have mortal combat over any issue so you would want expert advice. Just put "Quail thread," in the search box and it will come up for you.

BTW [​IMG]

7. beautifulchaos

Nov 6, 2016
    Thanks! I actually had already posted it in detail. Was just explaining what led me to register since I've been lurking awhile

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! So glad you joined us, and I am sure that the folks on the quail page can give you superb answers! I hope you enjoy BYC!

9. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  10. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us! You have already been given some great links and advice so I will just say thanks for joining us and best wishes! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by