New in Vermont! Very excited!

Noymira

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
Chittenden County, VT
Hi everyone! I am in Vermont and looking forward getting some great information and interaction on this board. Would love to meet other Vermont (especially Chittenden county) chicken enthusiasts!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens, I am ordering some chicks to arrive after hatching in late April.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None yet, but am ordering 8 to start our backyard flock.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Looking at Rhode Island Reds, Rhode Island Whites, New Hampshire Reds and Barred Plymouth Rocks

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
A member of my Freecycle group suggested this forum, though I had seen it as well in searching online for information on raising chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I also design handcrafted jewelry and love landscape photography

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live with my husband and our young daughter on 2.5 acres that used to be part of my great-grandparents dairy farm. I grew up around cows and had a horse as a teenager, but am new to poultry.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad to have you aboard! I have some BR & RIR, too

Quote:
Thanks! I have a friend who has been raising birds (chickens, ducks, swans) for years. I asked her what breeds I could count on for cold weather and those were some of her suggestions. I can't wait to get them, the next 6 weeks are going to drag!

Back
Top Bottom