New in Western NC

KoriSAF

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 6, 2012
Hi All,

My name is Kori, I am 20 years old, and a computer engineering Major at University of North Carolina Asheville. I have been raising Nigerian Dwarf Dairy goats, and showing them for the back 6 years, and have been doing the same with Egyptian Arabian Horses for 10 years. I have just recently started getting some chickens. I currently have three, 8 month old barred rock hens for laying, a trio 4 month old of Bearded d'Uccle's. I also have silkies which has become my chicken passion! I have a pair of buff silkies, that are 4 months old. Then I just this week got a pair of porcelain, and a pair of black from a someone local that are from the Bat Cave Silkie stock. I am really excited to start raising some silkies of my own, and am going to need any advice, help, any one is willing to give!

Also I have tried to find some info on Bat Cave Silkies but I can't find any. I live just in Tuxedo, about 30-45 from Bat Cave NC, and would love any contact info! Also just putting out feelers in spring I am going to be looking for some Splash, and Blue silkies as well.

I am excited to be here, thanks for letting me join! :)

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Have a look round the Breeds, Genetics, & Showing section. I've seen a few Silkie threads there that you can join.

Back
Top Bottom