1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

New incubator from Germany ;-)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by felispapa, Mar 13, 2015.

1. felispapa

felispapa Hatching

Mar 13, 2015
    Hi Folks,

my name is Michael, i live in southern Germany (near Munich, Bavaria), and i would like to say thanks to all of you for this extraordinary Chicken Knowledge-Base. Especially the DIY area is wonderful. Nothing comparable in Germany.

During the last week i got many inputs of the DIY Incubators here, and therefore i decided, to build my own one.

Ok - few days ago i finished and the first baby chicks hopefully will be born in about 3 weeks.

My tecnical english is to poor to introduce the detailed construction here, but i described the building of my incubator in my blog.

Unfortunately until now it is only in german, but there are a lot of pictures to explain themselves...

http://brutautomat.blogspot.de/

Maybe i could describe it in english, if you want to. Anyway: don´t hesitate to ask me questions, i´ll try my very best in answering :)

Excuse my insufficient English, maybe it will become better reading such great Forums.

Michael

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Crossing the Road 5 Years

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    Your English rivals that of some who have lived here all their lives. Welcome. I wish you the best hatch. Have you read the learning forum regarding hatching and raising chicks? Especially "Hatching 101". I did my first hatch 2 seasons ago in a home built.

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    x2. You definitely speak/write better than at least 70% of our youth over here and probably 50% of the adults. Welcome to the group. Good luck and [​IMG] fingers crossed for a good hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: