New incubator from Germany ;-)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by felispapa, Mar 13, 2015.

1. felispapa

felispapa New Egg

Mar 13, 2015
    Hi Folks,

my name is Michael, i live in southern Germany (near Munich, Bavaria), and i would like to say thanks to all of you for this extraordinary Chicken Knowledge-Base. Especially the DIY area is wonderful. Nothing comparable in Germany.

During the last week i got many inputs of the DIY Incubators here, and therefore i decided, to build my own one.

Ok - few days ago i finished and the first baby chicks hopefully will be born in about 3 weeks.

My tecnical english is to poor to introduce the detailed construction here, but i described the building of my incubator in my blog.

Unfortunately until now it is only in german, but there are a lot of pictures to explain themselves...

http://brutautomat.blogspot.de/

Maybe i could describe it in english, if you want to. Anyway: don´t hesitate to ask me questions, i´ll try my very best in answering :)

Excuse my insufficient English, maybe it will become better reading such great Forums.

Michael

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Your English rivals that of some who have lived here all their lives. Welcome. I wish you the best hatch. Have you read the learning forum regarding hatching and raising chicks? Especially "Hatching 101". I did my first hatch 2 seasons ago in a home built.

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    x2. You definitely speak/write better than at least 70% of our youth over here and probably 50% of the adults. Welcome to the group. Good luck and [​IMG] fingers crossed for a good hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by