New Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by feeding birds, Feb 28, 2016.

1. feeding birds

feeding birds New Egg

Feb 28, 2016
    Any information on JANOELI 12 incubator. The instructions are hard to understand, How do I keep humidity in the incubator? Thanks

2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Adding water to the wells or a wet spong in the bator adds humidity. Humidity goes up with the increase of water surface, not depth.

3. jordannew1995

jordannew1995 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Can someone help :(

Me and my nan are hatching eggs for the first time with the Janoel incubator with 6 eggs.
    Ive researched that duck eggs should sit in an incubator with the small pointed part down so that the aircell forms at the top?
    However, the Janoel incubator doesnt allow for this to happen? They lie sideways in an automatic roatating incubator..
    Therefore the aircells seem to appear sideways, looks as those the embryo's are on one side..
    Is this healthy or normal?
    Because im confused as if this is going to effect their hatching? As the aircell is not at the bottom large end of the egg like most peoples :(

Thanks for anyone's time.

4. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Hi there! [​IMG] First, if you have eggs sitting upright, they need to be with the fat end up, pointed end down. BUT you don't have to have them upright, they can sit on the side. When you are candling are you candling down into the egg from the fat end? Because if you are not, you aren't going to be able to really see the air cell and the development. I think it sounds like you are candling from the side or bottom?

1 person likes this.
  5. AmyLynn2374

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    And if your eggs are layng on their sides, it will appear as though the embryo is developiing on the side pointing up. As long as they are being turned though, The development will move with the turning and they will not "stick" to the side.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by