New Ink--Tattoo

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
Got a new Tatto yesterday. Each of my tattoos has some meaning behind it. This one is for those that I have lost.

1659_ribbons.jpg

The ribbons are upside down so that you ask the question, Why? If you look at the ribbon in this manner it looks like a Y. Why did this person have to die? Why haven't they found a cure for Cancer, Alzhielmers, ALS?

I'll add in the colors here
Periwinkle--Alzhiemers--Granmom Bridgeton
Brown--Colon Cancer--Aunt Maggie
Pearl/white--Lung Cancer--my brother, Steve
Pink--Breast Cancer--friend, Judy B
White w/blue pin stripe--ALS(Lou Gerhrigs)--Best Friend, Tom
Teal--Ovarian Cancer--Aunt Barbara
Purple/Magenta--Pancreatic Cancer--Friend, Barbie
Drk Blue--Stomach Cancer--Granmom Chewgum

Last edited:
ya.gif
It is such a horrid thing. I just found out today that my office mate's sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. The good news for her though is that it is contained and not spread. Her surgery is Dec 28th.

WOW, you just got them yesterday and they look that good??
ep.gif
I had to keep mine taped up for 3 days. Maybe you should start a thread on, lets see your tattoo's.
clap.gif

By the way they are very nice and I good way to remember. And in an answer to your question, Why did this person have to die? It's because God was ready for them to go home.
hugs.gif

Sorry I forgot to ask, is each one a different color for a different cancer?

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you. Red does a great job! I've got A&D ointment on them but mine seem to heal better when I keep them open to the air.

For cancer and other diseases. I've added that info to my first post.

Quote:
Thank you. Red does a great job! I've got A&D ointment on them but mine seem to heal better when I keep them open to the air.

For cancer and other diseases. I've added that info to my first post.

Boy I don't know how to ask this without it coming out wrong, let me think. OK, did you just get one more ribbon added or all of them at once? The one's on the right look red and I was thinking that you get them one at a time and hope you don't ever need to get anymore.
hugs.gif

Simply put...
I love it.

It's beautiful. and such a great reminder and a great education as well. i bet lots of people dont' realize the effects of certain diseases. im actually thinking on a new one for myself for after the new year.. third daughters name with some elaborate thing. the middle DD's name is with a Fairy. so i gotta keep thinking:)

Sue

the tattoos are a great idea.. i love that they are upside down..i think tattoos are a very good representation of who we are... alot of time and thought go into each and everyone. and they all mean something special to the person who has them..for me i never had a tattoo so for my 50th birthday i went with my family and friends and got one.. i have always been a goody two shoes.. always very shy. but the inside of me screamed for a wild side so i had a fire dance fairy put on my shoulder.. it was an Amy Brown drawing that i fell in love with.. since then i have become more outgoing and let the sillyness inside me escape.. even my grand babies tell me.. grammie your so silly.. and i have learned to do what i want. even if it is playing hide and seek with them in the grocery store.. so i think to honor someone with your tattoo was a fantastic idea..i love them

Back
Top Bottom