1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickiedo, Feb 10, 2014.

1. chickiedo

chickiedo New Egg

Feb 10, 2014
    Not sure how all this works. I'm chickiedo and new to byc. I live in North Texas (Princeton) and I'm looking for a chicken coop, no bigger than to hold 5-6 chickens. Does anyone know where I can locate one?

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hi there, [​IMG] and welcome to BYC!

You can check in your states thread and chat with people in your area that might know of a place you might purchase one...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/44/texas

Or you might check your local craigslist for someone locally that might have one for sale.

Good luck and enjoy BYC!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] from what I understand a lot of the pre-built coops or coop kits offered commercially vastly exaggerate how many birds a coop can hold. Also they may be pretty to look at but, are made of cheap products and won't stand up to weather problems. A lot of people make coops from materials they have at hand - like shipping pallets, or large appliance crates etc. Chickens don't care what they look like as long as it meets their needs - draft free and sufficient ventilation.

4. chickiedo

chickiedo New Egg

Feb 10, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I have treated plywood surrounding a dog crate now, but need a good coop with a run. Too many hawks and owls hanging around lately. I have looked at many online and haven't been impressed. I will check out the Texas forum as well.

5. chickiedo

chickiedo New Egg

Feb 10, 2014
    Thanks! I was wondering how to get to the Texas Forum. This is all very new to me.

6. Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

8. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you here in the flock [​IMG]

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by