New IR ducks did not come home!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shannabanana, Mar 31, 2017.

1. shannabanana

shannabanana Just Hatched

Mar 15, 2017
    St Malo Manitoba
    Help! My 5 new gentlemen Indian runner ducks were let out unintentionally a few hours after they were introduced to their new home and did not come home for the night! Pleeeeaaaase someone tell me they're smart enough to come home in the morning??? I just adore them and am sick to my stomach :)

2. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    If you just got them i wouldnt count on it. Did you go looking for them? Do they have a pond or something they went to

3. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Yeah... :(
    Without knowing home they can travel pretty far..:(

Sorry...They must feel lost?...

Hope you find them....

4. QuackSpeak

QuackSpeak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2017
    Any luck?

5. shannabanana

Mar 15, 2017
    St Malo Manitoba
    I found them!! The next day I found them on the road at our driveway and chased them through the bush all day and the next. Ended up catching two. This morning I found two of the remaining three beside the duck run chatting with their brothers! Unfortunately my beautiful mallard coloured boy was killed by a neighbourhood dog whose owners called me very upset and apologetic. So it was bittersweet this weekend. Thanks everyone for your help!

6. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Wow how stressful! Sorry you lost one [​IMG] But im glad you got as many back as you did. I didnt think it would end that well.

7. shannabanana

Mar 15, 2017
    St Malo Manitoba
    I'm thrilled we got as many back as we did. Just another lesson learned. I learn something new every day with my lil hobby farm!

1 person likes this.
  8. QuackSpeak

QuackSpeak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2017
    Congratulations! I'm so happy you found them, and sad that one didn't make it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by