New (ish) Snohomish Washington! #blackpondfarm

Black-Pond-Farm

Hatching
Dec 4, 2015
Rural Snohomish Washington
Greeting from Black Pond Farm! #blackpondfarm (on FB and Intagram)

We are a private 20-acre farm located about an hour's drive from Seattle, but NE...closer to Everett.

When our kids were tiny, I had free-range blue ribbon winning birds (Polish, Frizzles and Silkies and Americanas). It's been many years and our coop had been converted into a pony shelter, so (in the summer of 2015), we built a new enclosed coop! Now that my kids are teens, my son has rediscovered the joys of having a coop!

Just recently, we pulled my trusty incubator from storage to successfully hatch out some blue-faced button quail and Chinese painted quail. The original receipt was still in the box...purchased in 1997. We should have that thing bronzed...

We currently have breeding stock in our little flock:

Guinea fowl
Ring neck pheasants
Blue-faced button quail
Chinese painted / king quail
Himalayan Monal (male)
Melanistic mutant pheasant (male)

Can you help us locate my son's "wish list"? Note: Our last purchase came from a farm in RI and the staff at our town's US Post Office was FANTASTIC. Even offered to open the box and get water to him (Himalayan Monal pheasant) after his long journey!

WANTED:
Himalayan Monal (female)
Melanistic mutant pheasant (female)
Mearns quail (hatching eggs)
Great Argus pheasant

Please contact me directly [email protected] with leads -- Thanks everyone!

Brenda, Tim, Erin and Preston
Black Pond Farm

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very good and thorough introduction. :eek:) I would suggest posting your son's wish list on our Pheasant and Quail section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page. Perhaps our Pheasant and Quail owners there can help you locate these birds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us and enjoying your adventure.

You can also search the Buy-Sell forums, but I think you need 20 posts to participate there.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What a lovely introduction and great pics! Your incubator looks great :thumbsu

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future.

Enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

Thank you for such an interesting introduction, I enjoyed the pictures too. I hope you can find the birds on your son's wish list.

It's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom