New-ish to chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ach1124, Jan 12, 2017.

1. ach1124

ach1124 New Egg

Jan 12, 2017
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new to this site, but I've had two roos since they were hatched. They're alost 8 months old now. I love them to death, they're the best pets ever, but my circumstances have changed and I'm forced to find them a new home.

I'm hoping to get some hens in the near future and learn a bit more about rooster rescues. I adore their crows and personalities so much. :)

These are my boys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us, but sorry to hear that you have to re-home your young fellas.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under ach1124 [​IMG] Welcome!

I am sorry that you have to part with your boys .. they are very handsome! I do hope that you are able to find good homes for them.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! They are very pretty boys, I'm sorry to hear you have to rehome them. I see you have posted in the free rehoming section, I hope you get some takers for them there. Please do check out the links left above, I'm sure you will find them very helpful.

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Such handsome guys, I hope you can find them good homes.

Thanks for joining us!

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Great to have you aboard! Best of luck with your rehoming efforts! :)

7. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!

8. vachick15

vachick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2015
    The Old Dominion
    Welcome to BYC! I hope you like it here and learn lots!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  9. LadyVictorian

LadyVictorian Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2016
    Minnesota
    Welcome to BYC and wow what lovely roo's you have there. I love that first boy, he's so lovely he almost looks like a sculpture.

10. vachick15

vachick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2015
    The Old Dominion
    Yes! What is the first roo?

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by