New Jersey Giant

View attachment 2948844This is Onyx. . He/she is 8 1/2 weeks old. I’ve gotten some better shots of him, but I think his feathering is interesting. Onyx has always been a very standoffish bird. I’ve heard that New Jersey giants are supposed to be very friendly. Unless, of course, it’s a rooster. Any help?
I see nothing at all that is weird or roostery.
You have a nice little girl.

View attachment 2948844This is Onyx. . He/she is 8 1/2 weeks old. I’ve gotten some better shots of him, but I think his feathering is interesting. Onyx has always been a very standoffish bird. I’ve heard that New Jersey giants are supposed to be very friendly. Unless, of course, it’s a rooster. Any help?
Not a NJG. She is a pullet though.

Mine wasn’t friendly. But, when she saw some of the other hens being friendly to me, I think she got friendlier seeing that I wasn’t a threat. But my other 2 aren’t that friendly

Sorry, I meant the one on the left of the picture. I know the one on the right is a buff Brahma. I don’t know why, but the attachments I have of the new jersey giant’s pattern of back feathers did not attach to the post. I wanted to get your opinion whether or not the New Jersey giant is a rooster or not. Here’s the other pics:

Attachments

• 735362AC-1FA7-4330-80F4-A382D6F6580A.jpeg
    735362AC-1FA7-4330-80F4-A382D6F6580A.jpeg
    862.2 KB · Views: 3
  • F658FD28-AFE4-4F54-8247-CD8924D1975D.jpeg
    F658FD28-AFE4-4F54-8247-CD8924D1975D.jpeg
    777.8 KB · Views: 4
Sorry, I meant the one on the left of the picture. I know the one on the right is a buff Brahma. I don’t know why, but the attachments I have of the new jersey giant’s pattern of back feathers did not attach to the post. I wanted to get your opinion whether or not the New Jersey giant is a rooster or not. Here’s the other pics:
The black grey bird with copper in the neck feathers is not a Jersey giant. Looks female, whatever it is.

Back
Top Bottom