New Keets are here....pics

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by BC_Farms, Jul 12, 2010.

1. BC_Farms

BC_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2010
    Enfield & Chaplin CT
    We have 9 keets right now in the brooder! They are cute but have a good set of lungs on 'em already! I have 3 pearls and the rest are different colors...2 lavenders, 1 white, 2 "teddy bear" and one I'm not sure of (see first pic).

Is this little guy a pied or a royal purple?
    [​IMG]

I have two of these...the person I got them from told me they were "teddy bear" keets...I think they are going to feather out to be pied. This one's name is Theodore/"The Beav" (the other one's name is Wally [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

A white...
    [​IMG]

...and a pile-up [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Cute they are. I wanted to get a few more that the feed store had (mixed colors too!). But my kids and DH forbid me to get anymore. I have 6 pearls and they are loud!! But still love 'em.

3. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    They really are cute when they're little. They should quiet down. When they're little and settled in they only make noise if they're hungry, thirsty or cold. Later that'll change!

4. BC_Farms

Jan 20, 2010
    Enfield & Chaplin CT
    They are very quiet unless they are happily chirping. They just "yell" when I pick them up. I'm trying to socialize them....don't think it's going to happen.

5. Looks like a couple of pied pearls, a few Lavenders and a nice royal purple.

The rest look like the normal pearls.

Could be a diluted gene in the one that looks like a whtie. I have seen Keets that turn out to be browns or what i call a "dirty whtie", no pokadots.

CUTE little turds !!!

6. BC_Farms

Jan 20, 2010
    Enfield & Chaplin CT
    Thanks GG. To me the white doesn't look like a "pure white"...as you can see in the picture he looks like he has beige coloring on his back. We'll see how he feathers out [​IMG]

Down to 8, one pearl escaped...saw him once and couldn't grab him and haven't seen or heard him since. Was out looking for almost 2 hours but finding a pearl keet in the woods should be a new olympic event....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by