new kid from WI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickenxlittle, Mar 25, 2011.

1. chickenxlittle

chickenxlittle New Egg

Mar 25, 2011
    Hello! I'm a budding chicken lover who is also new to the site. A little about me and why i'm here:

My parents have a hobby farm with horses, a llama, a pygmy goat, and other such useless but adorable yard pets that i help care for due to a recent serious physical disability in the family, as well as a mixed flock of chickens.
    over the winter, i came over every day to do barn chores and help keep up with the housework, and during some of the colder months, one of the smaller hens got sick. I ended up spoon feeding her food and water daily, while fretting over the clear mucus leaking from her beak- i became rather preoccupied with her, needless to say. we named her Agnes. She made a full recovery, but we've had trouble reintroducing her to the flock. Then my mother decided it would be a good idea for me to take her and another hen home to my boyfriend's house in Sauk City, and so began my adventures in chickenland.
    the local ordinance on chickens are a little unclear, buy when i sent them an email about it, they said it was a no-go. I'm curious if there are ways around this, small fines, and what i can do to take Agnes home with me.

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas If the statue are not clear maybe some one in your area could help. I would look at where are you where am I there maybe be people there that could help.

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Greetings and [​IMG]

4. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    [​IMG]

Come on over to the Cheesehead Thread , surely we can help you figure out that ordinance.

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu