1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Kitsap/East Bremerton WA member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BirdyBird, Sep 11, 2009.

1. BirdyBird

BirdyBird Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2009
    Kitsap County
    Hello, All!
    I've been a lurker on BYC for a few months now. I have some potentially illegal chickens in my rural residential backyard but can't get straight answers from our County. I don't live in the city limits and there are cattle that live nearby so I hope that our girls don't cause a fuss.
    I have been a lifelong chicken fanatic and would be willing to go to the mat (so to speak) to change local chicken ordinances if need be so please feel free to share your experiences on how you have fought "the law" on backyard chicken keeping.
    Thanks, everyone!!
    Candace
    [​IMG]

2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. I would think if cattle is legal chickens should not be an issue......Question is - is the cattle legal:)

3. BirdyBird

BirdyBird Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2009
    Kitsap County
    the cattle must be legal since they're highly visible...can't miss them if you tried.
    the trouble is that we live in a small development right in between open farm land. perhaps the other livestock are "grandfathered" in?
    i'm feeling awfully nervous because my DH said he saw police looking into our backyard today from the road. they can't see anything from where they were standing.
    we recently installed a 100w infrared bulb to keep our babies from freezing during a cold snap (they're only about 9 weeks old) and i think one of our neighbors (the only ones who don't know!) saw the red light from their house and wondered what we had going on.

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Candace! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us!

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] from Texas!

8. Capone

Capone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Rhode Island
    [​IMG] from rhode island another chicken rebel

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Renton