New kitten but it's the railroads fault! PICS added page 2

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Sep 26, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    As I was leaving the house this morning I noticed the railroad company preparing to close off the main road (really the only road unless you have 4 wheel drive, which I do) that leads to the highway to do some work on the crossing, so I knew I'd have to find another way home. Coming home on a sorta kinda a road out in the middle of nowhere, I found a little kitten in the middle of the road. Of course I had to bring it home, right?

It will have to be a barn cat - which is what I said about Kitty and KiKi when I brought them home. It's terrified of dogs, in the "let me climb up your body and sit on top of your head using my nails the whole way" kind of way.

After I fed it and made it comfortable out in the shop, I made that dreaded phone call to my DH.

Me: Honey, I love you sooo much! You are the sweetest, kindest husband in the whole wide world.

DH: Ut oh.

Me: I mean it! I love you to the moon and back!

DH: What did you break?

Me: Nothing. I just thought I should remind you how much I love you!

DH: What did you buy?

Me: Nothing.

DH: What did you bring home?

Me: Well you remember how I told you that they had the main road closed this morning?......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Haha! [​IMG]
    Kudos to you for saving it. We need pictures when you get a minute! [​IMG]

3. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has had to make that particular phone call. [​IMG]

4. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    LMAO!!!!!! TOO FUNNY......I did the same thing with a Pug last friday...it just abandoned in the parking lot @ my work....what was I suppose to do!!!? lol [​IMG]

Really how couls I say no!?

[​IMG]

All my DW could say was..."Oh Honey..." lol

5. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Gotta be a DH thing. Sounds sooooo much like the conversation my DH and I had when I mentioned getting the dog, adopting the cat, raising chickens, etc. [​IMG]

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Well, all least you told him yourself. No takers on FB, huh? [​IMG]

7. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I am generally considered "the crazy animal person" in my family, but my husband is really just as bad. He's brought the last two kittens home. Oh wait, make that the last five, we only kept two. He has "the kitten face", thats the look he gets when he is about to pull a kitten out of his coat to hand me. Seriously, I have detected the kitten face on the last two cats and thougt he had it one more time, but that was an injured baby goose. Apparently he hasnt got a "goose face" yet.

Oh, BTW, Juan, that's not a pug. It looks like a pug/boston terrier cross, which they are calling a "bug" and charging $1000 for, so congrats on your bargain find!

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:No, apparently my FB friends are all a bit afraid of my DH, I don't have a clue why. [​IMG]

And you call yourselves friends. [​IMG]

Just introduced kitten (it will get a name eventually) to the chickens. It wasn't interested in them, only in getting more pettings from me. The chickens were all bawk! bawk! ba-bawk!!!!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  9. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:woohooo!!!! lol He was probably dropped b/c he would go potty inside the house......1 weekend with us and the bad habit is gone!!! [​IMG]

Any pics of the kitten? [​IMG]

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Quote:No, apparently my FB friends are all a bit afraid of my DH, I don't have a clue why. [​IMG]

And you call yourselves friends. [​IMG]

Just introduced kitten (it will get a name eventually) to the chickens. It wasn't interested in them, only in getting more pettings from me. The chickens were all bawk! bawk! ba-bawk!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by