New kitten...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SunAngel, Nov 5, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I was wondering if anyone could guess the age of our new kitten. My best guess was maybe 5 weeks?

My DD snagged her out of a box of free kittens at the auction last night. I really don't think she was old enough to be taken away from mom, but what can you do. People just bring the boxes of kittens there and drop them off.

She has a bit of conjunctivitis in her eyes. I have been wiping them with a warm wet cloth and using a little Terramycin ointment in them. She is eating moistened cat food right now, but I am wondering if she might still need kitten formula...along with kitten chow (haven't gotten to the store yet today). They just had some dry cat food in a bowl in the box.

We really didn't need another cat...we already have 6 lol...but she was too cute to stick back in the box!

Here are some pics of Cameo...

[​IMG]
    Being sniffed by our dog...
    [​IMG]
    Yawn-n-Stretch
    [​IMG]
    Looking bored with picture taking
    [​IMG]

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I think 7-8 weeks.

3. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    My bad, double posted. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    The picture might make her look a little bigger than she is. Curled into a ball, she is not much bigger than my hand.

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Well isn't she just a cutie!! I would have had to bring her home too! It is hard for me to tell how old she is. I would just feed her moistened kitten chow but place some non moistened in a dish and see what she does. The last batch of kittens we had here amazed me at how early they were eating solid cat food. It was there for Mamma but they chowed down on it too! They were also nursing at the same time! Just keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't losing weight or has any tummy issues. Congrats she is a doll!

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks [​IMG] She is such a little purrbox and litter box trained already. She is just so tiny, I sure hope she grows well.

I guess I will just give kitten food a try. My guess is they saw the kittens eating the moms food and since this was the last auction til the 18th, they decided to get rid of them.

7. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    your kitten is so beautiful...

9. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Not much bigger than your hand? Okay, I now say 4-5 weeks.

10. bantamsrus

bantamsrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Charlotte, MI
    Probably ~6 weeks. If you can get her eating canned kitten food don't bother with the formula.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by