New Kitty met Ducklings today....

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
Yesterday I was browsing available kitties online & found one I liked so we went to a local Animal Shelter to look at her & other adoptable cats. (for you locals, Regional Animal Services of King County.. they were Great!) Well we ended up coming home with a very sweet female Tuxedo, around 5yrs old. I let her settle in last night and she was Very interested in the noise coming from the tub on the top of the shelf. well i picked her up and showed her the babies last night, she was uninterested after Secret got in her face.

Well she's been in the bedroom napping most of the day, I almost think she likes the noise they make. I finally let her meet one of the babies(Secret) and guess what happened??? She Gagged!! I almost died laughing!
gig.gif
She didn't like that one at all! So I put it away and went back to what I was doing. Just a few minutes ago I took Whisper out for her to meet and she did it again!!
lau.gif

I don't think I am going to have too much of a problem with the Kitty & the babies, lol.
Here's the new girl, her kennel name was Callie, but I am not sure if it's fitting for her.
DSCN5648.JPG

Oh, I love Tuxedo kitties! (Okay, I love all kinds of cats, but I particularly adore Tuxedos.) You're right, Callie is not her name. Hmmm... thinking..... you'll have to come up with something that suits her.

This is my opportunity to share a photo I took not too long ago of my Himalayan, Smudge, who was proving me wrong about his mousing activities. (My best mouser died recently, and Smudge hasn't been picking up the slack - there are mice IN THE HOUSE!!!)

41679_smudgewithmouse.jpg

He kept wanting to come into my lap with it, and it was still alive!!

Wow she's pretty!! Hmm. If not Callie maybe Cassie?
I've always liked the name Moon. But I think I'm alone with that one
tongue.png

Umm... Kelly? Sadey? Haha I've run out

Congrats on the beautiful cat!

Fabulous cat! I adore cats! I have about 9 of the neighbor's cats down at my barn and they are pretty good with chickies and ducklies. However, in my house, I have ....a few kitties. I like Siamese and have a hard time resisting when someone offers one. They are not as good with my chicks and ducky babies. But they are good house mousers! This time of year I let them into the walk in closet and they catch quite a few.

And I agree.......your kitty looks like a Liza!
love.gif

Quote:
A good mouser needs to be taught to catch and kill usually by it's mother. Acting on instinct alone they usually catch and release only to catch again. Usually playing with the mouse as a toy until it excapes or is killed accidently. some mouser mothers will bring live mice back to her nest to teach her kittens, but the class always ends with the teacher killing the mouse so the kittens see how it is done.

I had actually went to look at a particular cat there, a Tortie point Siamese, she was about 10yrs old and had been abandoned by her owners
sad.png
I felt bad for the poor girl but she was the kind of cat that needed to be the only animal, she was a bit of a grump, but still very pretty.

Quote:

We adopted at cat from the no kill shelter. She was also a little bit older. She developed thyroid cancer in the first year we had her. Lost a lot of weight, so we took her to the vet and that is when they found out. Had her on medication, which makes them feel better but does not cure them. She lived for another 2 years and had a good happy life. We then did notice that there was a stray cat running on our property. So we set the traps. Caught a calico cat about 6 months old. We took her to our vet and had her fixed. Figured let her live on the property, but not breed. We had to keep her in our house for a few days after surgery. She was absolutely calm in the cage. She also let us pet her. So we decided to let her loose in the house after 3 days in the cage. Worked out great, she started to interact with the dogs right away. What a sweety. Then she got out through the dog dog and could not figure out how to get back in. We still had the traps out for a skunk on the loose. She got herself trapped in it and was happy to see us. She was also happy to get back into the house. After that she learned how to use the dog door and never went near the traps again. Smart cat. She is a very good mouser, but she also loves to eat them and leave guts around. She only eats certain types of mice and the rest is left behind dead. She also loves to bring critters into the house for playtime. That includes snakes, bats, kangaroo rats, chipmunks, birds and you name it. Nothing more fun then trying to get a chipmunk, while the cat and 4 dogs try to get it at the same time. Anyway she stays clear of the ducks, because they will chase her. I do have mouse traps in the crawl space and in areas where the pets can't get to is, like under the kitchen sink. I bait my cheap snap traps with sunflower seeds, which I glue onto the tripper. Works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom