New Layer eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LeiaLayers5, Sep 28, 2015.

1. LeiaLayers5

LeiaLayers5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2015
    Suffolk VA
    My Coop
    Recently one of our EEs started laying and is laying very small cream colored eggs. They have been consistently the same size since she started. [​IMG]They are just slightly smaller than the normal egg size you find in stores. When will she most likely start laying larger eggs or will she possibly stay at this size? We have already accepted she will not lay the blue-green as we hoped, but we are hoping since we sell a good portion of the eggs we get that the size will change over time to larger eggs. Appreciate any guidance anyone can offer about this. Thanks!

2. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

They will most likely get a bit bigger over time as she gets used to laying and adjusts.

3. LeiaLayers5

May 12, 2015
    Suffolk VA
    My Coop
    I hope so, right not its a novelty and cute, but I think eventually we will get over that and wish they are bigger. We sell most of ours to coworkers. We were just so glad one of our younger girls started finally.

4. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol, you're lucky, my RSL's, Silkies, and Sumatra still haven't started, there 6 months old.

5. LeiaLayers5

May 12, 2015
    Suffolk VA
    My Coop
    Yeah we still have another EE and 2 CMs that need to start laying left......it seemed like forever before Furiosa our first EE to start did. Still waiting on Artemis (EE) and Minerva (CM) and Iris (CM).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by