New layer

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Pure Poultry, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Pure Poultry

Pure Poultry Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2014
    Ok so I have 4 chickens that haven't laid there first egg(3 definite hens, 1 not so sure) and we got a small egg today. It was laid away from the usual laying box and it was much smaller than the other 2 layers (Ancona and Brown Leghorn). It was definitely a new one but not sure which one. We have 2 Light Sussex's (Hatched 16 Oct) and 2 Pekin's (Hatched about 11 Oct, 1 of which may be a Roo). The egg was a creamy coloured one. Hoping someone could help figure out which chicken it was!!?

2. Pure Poultry

Oct 20, 2014
    By the way I'm in Aus so it is mid summer now. Don't know if that makes a difference but yeah

3. ChristieB

ChristieB Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2014
    Queensland
    I have a pekin hatched September 29 who isn't laying yet so I'd be totally jealous if yours was laying so early!
    It will be the one with the biggest and reddest comb

4. Pure Poultry

Oct 20, 2014
    Sorry but it was one of our Pekin's that laid the egg. when we bought the Pekins we gave some to a family member and he separated them from the rest and his laid and egg today as well so it is our Pekin's laying the eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by