New Lionhead bunnies

BBK

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
upstate NY
just this morning, the fur pile was moving;)...don't know how many yet. but can't wait, her first litter didn't make it. i think it was b/c of the freezing temps, but she was a new moma, so it could have been that.
i'm just excited here. will post pics later.
big_smile.png

Melinda

First I should tell you that these are my son's bunnies....He's 14 now and is in 4H, last yr we bought doe and buck and he showed the buck in the fair, and he won GRAND CHAMPION, plus BOB.

We couldn't take the doe, she had ring worm , which came from the sheep he was showing, via him...(long summer!) Her fur was just growing back, so we kept her home.

Aslo took the Himmie ND and she won BOB, she finally had a LIVE litter of 3 kits, they're about 3 wks now...very cute, will be getting pics of them soon. It took her 5 times to have alive litter, Ben just didn't want to get rid if her, b/c it was one of his first buns....

took a Black Otto with us too, but they didn't like his fur, to many little white hairs, under side..oh well....

BTW, I saw at least 2 kits inthere, but mom was getting a little upset, so i stopped.
here's the doe, Fiona, a black tort, double mane
27992_fiona_front.jpg

and the buck, Fury, a Black, double mane and the softest, nice fur you have ever touch...never a snarl or clump...it's wonderful...
27992_bos_fury.jpg

Melinda

Ohhhhh .. my 12 year old daughter shows rabbits.. She's done well with Dutch and now has a couple of lionheads. Her chestnut buck was BOB at his first show .. yay! It's fun even though they aren't an approved breed in the US yet.

I've got pics, but they are on my other computer ..

WTG ..

Oh, I JUST found out that you can tell a double maned from a single maned almost from birth .. VERY interesting stuff!

love.gif
They are BEAUTIFUL!

I wish you were closer...Lionheads are hard to find here in Louisiana. I would like to get one or two more but I have had trouble locating breeders in this area. Along with my Lionhead I have two other buns, an American Chinchilla and a Jersey Wooly all three are does.

Mitzi

Our grey buck .. sorry about the red-eye ..

28464_dscf1040.jpg

And our new little tort doe.

28464_dscf1249.jpg

Ohhhhh .. my 12 year old daughter shows rabbits.. She's done well with Dutch and now has a couple of lionheads. Her chestnut buck was BOB at his first show .. yay! It's fun even though they aren't an approved breed in the US yet.

I've got pics, but they are on my other computer ..

WTG ..

Oh, I JUST found out that you can tell a double maned from a single maned almost from birth .. VERY interesting stuff!

Texasgal... I believe that they're an approved breed, just not all colors tho...B/c I have a copy of the standards for them. I think you can get it online at the Lionhead page, don't have the link on hand, google!

I don't know how they would do at an official ARBA show, b/c this was for 4H and at our local fair, but a win is a win...right...LOL

Congrats to your daughter for the BOB... it's fun to watch the kids, after all of the work they put into them. I love the small part of 4H. keeps the kids busy!
Melinda​

I love the small part of 4H.

guess i should finish my thought here...sorry!

small ANIMAL part of 4H... not the paper work, the kids just don't want to do that....LOL
Melinda​

Back
Top Bottom