New little girl to "replace" my roo...what is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Velvet Hairpiece, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Velvet Hairpiece

Velvet Hairpiece Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Well, since it was more or less confirmed that one of our BR chicks is a roo, I figured we should get another pullet to "replace" that pullet spot, right? So I concocted a story that we needed to go to the feed store today since we were getting groceries nearby "just so we don't run out of feed"-even though we have half a bag. Well I casually browsed the plants they had out front to keep myself from bee-lining it to the chickens. I look up... and the BF is already checking them out! So I rush over, and we pick one out, and here's the gorgeous girl. I haven't a clue what she is, but she is very pretty and super sweet. Very dark body with a coppery cast to her, the feathers on her wings are coming in as a coppery brown as well. Her feet are very dark, and her underside is a splotchy grey/yellow. What could she be?

(I don't understand why my images are uploading sideways, they're just fine on my screen!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

2. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

total guess...Black sexlink

3. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    I'm not sure, but she is beautiful! What interesting coloring she has.

4. Velvet Hairpiece

Velvet Hairpiece Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah, I was wondering about her being a black sex-link, but all of the pictures I've found on google so far show them with yellow legs, or partial yellow legs, and hers are solid... dark brown/green/slate whatever color you want to call it. I dunno. She's pretty and very sweet, just thought I'd ask in case anyone knew for sure or had something that looked like her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by