New lone chick won't eat organic chick starter

They were not impressed with the soaked starter .... made no difference. Mother went into cage to dry starter as if to say 'Ha, that is the same stuff, I'm not interested!' If mama won't eat it then bubba won't also. It's difficult.

They were not impressed with the soaked starter .... made no difference. Mother went into cage to dry starter as if to say 'Ha, that is the same stuff, I'm not interested!' If mama won't eat it then bubba won't also. It's difficult.
Throw an egg yolk in it. My chickens eat any mash but I've often had to put a yolk in it for failing chicks.

I did that but with minimal success. The mother ate some but the chick was only interested in the tiny bit of yolk left in the other bowl. Will wait to see by end of day if they eat more. In the meantime should I offer the chick an egg yolk by itself first then with the starter?

Just bought the chick feed and it's been here for less than a week. Thanks for response, I'll try to relax. At least he appears very energetic. Such a tiny little chick even for 11 days. Seems like he's hardly grown.

Just bought the chick feed and it's been here for less than a week. Thanks for response, I'll try to relax. At least he appears very energetic. Such a tiny little chick even for 11 days. Seems like he's hardly grown.
Check the date on the bag, sometimes feed can sit for months before it's bought.

Just tried a tiny sprinkle of nutritional yeast on the chick starter and the chick seemed to like it - better than the egg anyway. Is that OK for him / her?

Here are a few photos taken today (11 days old). Does she look about the right size?

Attachments

• IMG_3783.JPG
    IMG_3783.JPG
    869.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    581.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Pictures of the chick would help. I would offer the egg yolk to them both but if mama doesn't take it just dip the Chick's beak in it
Here are pics taken today, day 11, attached.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom