1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New & looking for fellow South Carolina residents who raise Bantams!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kyndall, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Kyndall

Kyndall Just Hatched

Mar 5, 2015
    Windsor, SC
    Hi, my name is Kyndall and I just joined this site to try to find people near me who raise bantams. I currently have a chicken named Bach....I believe he is supposed to be a Partridge Cochin bantam but i'm not sure if he is fully that breed....but I love him and I only paid $2 for him at the flea market....he was near death and I nursed him back to health (Thank God!). He has come a long way and I'm currently searching high and low for a hen for him....I have searched everywhere online with no results! I don't care what type of hen I can find for him, as long as it's a bantam....I just hate that he's in his pen all alone and I want him to have a mate. My goal is to find him a hen and find me a few more bantams. I'm not wanting to breed them, I really just want them "for looks". I just love the looks and personalities of bantams! My main point out of all this rambling is, is there anybody in South Carolina that is willing to let me see their bantams and sell me at least one hen for Mr. Bach? I'm located in Windsor SC, so I'm looking for anybody in Aiken, Williston, Windsor, or other nearby areas. If you or anybody you know is a bantam "breeder", then please contact me....I would really appreciate the help....thanks ya'll!

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    2 people like this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Kyndall, Welcome to the flock. I hope you will be able to find Bach a mate, and add some more bantams to the flock.

1 person likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Kyndall

Glad you could join the flock! Hope you are able to find Bach some mates soon so he is not lonely any more. You could also drop by the buy sell trade section to see if there are any available near to you. Once you have 20 posts you could even place a wanted ad. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Good luck and hope you enjoy BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG]Welocme to BYC!!! It is an aweosme forum (the BEST in the world) and has a great comminity!!! Hopr you have a great time and learn A LOT!

1 person likes this.
  7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

Good luck finding some bantam hens for your lonely rooster!

1 person likes this.
  8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] I'm glad you joined us.

I hope you can find Bach some hens!

1 person likes this.
  9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

1 person likes this.
  10. Kyndall

Kyndall Just Hatched

Mar 5, 2015
    Windsor, SC
    Thanks for the support ya'll! I'm still searching for our new feathery addition!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by