New mail order Chicks, Bloody poop

NoorJanan

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 23, 2014
My chicks are 14 days old, I ordered 25 by mail order. 4 of them have had really bad pasty butt. This one pooped out bloody thing that may be it’s intestines, I don’t know what it is or what to do?
8704F775-D115-441E-82AA-7AAA67CF63A9.jpeg

961E9F3B-3541-497C-B0C0-48BCABF380C9.jpeg

What exactly are you feeding them and where exactly are you housing them?
Do you have these two week old chicks in with adult chickens?
Do you have other adult chickens?

What exactly are you feeding them and where exactly are you housing them?
Do you have these two week old chicks in with adult chickens?
Do you have other adult chickens?
This is our 2nd time ordering chickens through the mail. And the 5th time raising baby chicks either from Tractor Supply or from hatching eggs ourselves. We always keep our baby chicks in the house with us. Our adult chickens are outside in the coop. Right now I have been holding this little chick in my hands for the last 45 minutes trying to research what’s the best thing to do for her. She’s calm and resting. Only these last two times where I have gotten chicks in the mail have I ever had to deal with Pasty butt.

They have been eating two organic non-medicated chick starter feed. I put diatomaceous earth in it with apple cider vinegar in their water like I have done previously. On warm days we let them outside in a separate cage to peck the earth.

This is our 2nd time ordering chickens through the mail. And the 5th time raising baby chicks either from Tractor Supply or from hatching eggs ourselves. We always keep our baby chicks in the house with us. Our adult chickens are outside in the coop. Right now I have been holding this little chick in my hands for the last 45 minutes trying to research what’s the best thing to do for her. She’s calm and resting. Only these last two times where I have gotten chicks in the mail have I ever had to deal with Pasty butt.

They have been eating two organic non-medicated chick starter feed. I put diatomaceous earth in it with apple cider vinegar in their water like I have done previously. On warm days we let them outside in a separate cage to peck the earth.
Them being mailed to you has nothing to do with them having pasty but two weeks later.

What temperature are you keeping them in your house at?
What exactly are you feeding them?

Any chance she was attacked by something? The diotomaetous earth does nothing so take it out of their feed. and make sure you plain water alongside when you give them something in their water.

Back
Top Bottom