New male.

Diane H

Songster
May 15, 2020
Good morning! I am a new peacock owner. And we’re considering getting him a hen. Should I wait to bond with him before we get him a mate he feels he has to protect?
There’s a seller out of Asheville, NC that ships adult birds. Does anybody have any experience with him or that? He’s on FB.
Thanks!!
Diane

Attachments

• 0A8FEDDD-C3C8-4C68-92CB-F196F1AFFBE3.png
    0A8FEDDD-C3C8-4C68-92CB-F196F1AFFBE3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Be very careful with these sites on FB! You need to look very carefully at them because there are so many scammers right now. I tried to find this one for you but the first red flag is it is a 'Pet Service'. Go to the site and see how long it has been on FB, how many likes it has, and read the reviews. Go to one of the large Peafowl forums and ask about them, people are reporting these sites every day. People are getting ripped off every day too so be careful. Other red flags are them being in a rush for you to send money, they will want it Paypal 'Friends and Family, and foreign accents are all give a ways. I have even had one clone my page, it is just awful.

Be very careful with these sites on FB! You need to look very carefully at them because there are so many scammers right now. I tried to find this one for you but the first red flag is it is a 'Pet Service'. Go to the site and see how long it has been on FB, how many likes it has, and read the reviews. Go to one of the large Peafowl forums and ask about them, people are reporting these sites every day. People are getting ripped off every day too so be careful. Other red flags are them being in a rush for you to send money, they will want it Paypal 'Friends and Family, and foreign accents are all give a ways. I have even had one clone my page, it is just awful.
Thank you!!
I was thinking the same. I asked if I could do a pick up since I’m in the city he claims to be in. And he said no that he’s only shipping. In the list of birds he has just seems ridiculously long.

Thank you!!
I was thinking the same. I asked if I could do a pick up since I’m in the city he claims to be in. And he said no that he’s only shipping. In the list of birds he has just seems ridiculously long.
That is a huge red flag! I am glad you are not getting scammed by them.
Thank you so much for checking in doing some researching to it I appreciate it.
😁

You need to put some kind of signature on your pics so they can use them.
Yes, we need to do more watermarking but when they clone your page it makes no difference. They made a copy of our page named 'spring creek peafowl' instead of Spring Creek Peafowl. Evil trickery there. Lucky for me we are quite well known in the peafowl world and lots of people went there and left negative reviews with warnings to others about their scam.

Yes, we need to do more watermarking but when they clone your page it makes no difference. They made a copy of our page named 'spring creek peafowl' instead of Spring Creek Peafowl. Evil trickery there. Lucky for me we are quite well known in the peafowl world and lots of people went there and left negative reviews with warnings to others about their scam.
So do you recommend that we spend some time bonding with him before we get him a mate or go ahead and get him a female right away?

Back
Top Bottom