New mama seeking baby girls

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickymama25, Jun 27, 2008.

1. chickymama25

chickymama25 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2008
    Hello everyone! I have recently become a mother hen of 10 cute little chickies. [​IMG] I am thoroughly enjoying my role as chicky mama. I am, however, dying to know if my chickies are (hopefully) all girls and what breeds they are. I do know they are about 4 weeks old and from the same brood. The seller told me they are some sort of RIR mix. [​IMG]
    I welcome any ideas...or guesses.
    I hope I did this photo upload thing right...I'll give it a whirl.
    This pic is Mercedes (can't really have the vehicle, but I can pretend).
    [​IMG]

This pic is Chicken Little.
    [​IMG]

Meet Porche (again the car thing). I love how she (?) has markings around her eyes that look like eyeliner. Very chic.
    [​IMG]

Those are the main babies I am wondering about, but I have 3 super sweet BRs, and two shy RIRs that I know where sexed as pullets. So I am trying to compare their combs and legs with the gender unknown chicks. So far, if I had to guess I think they are all pullets. I am keeping my fingers crossed! [​IMG]

2. PennyinOK

PennyinOK Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2008
    Se Oklahoma
    They are all so cute! I have no idea what they are I am still pretty new myself. [​IMG] Congrats on your new chicks.

Penny

3. chickymama25

Jun 27, 2008
    Thanks, every mother likes to hear how cute her babies are!![​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    The last one with the eyeliner look, looks just like my brown sex link...she is VERY sweet!

5. chickymama25

Jun 27, 2008
    Thanks, so your sex link is definately a girl. I will hope mine is too. Mine also is a sweet girl. She is the only one of the five new babies that lets me pet her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by