New Marans eggs!!! Splitting them with Laurenlulu!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kryptoniteqhs, Feb 23, 2009.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    Look what we got from Pumpkinpup!!!! 4 Black Copper Marans eggs and she threw in a surprise Cuckoo Marans eggs!! Not one break or scratch!! And just look at that color!! They look even darker in person!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    They're gorgeous!!!

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I have marans crosses and pure BC marans from Ninjapoodles I about hit the floor when I saw how dark they were and yes pictures do them NO justice! LOL! I had NO Idea they were as dark as they are! LOL! Congrats!!! [​IMG]

4. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    im excited..... [​IMG]

5. brkuk

brkuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    Good Luck Hatching [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. lickskillet

lickskillet *Home of the Shoveler*

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    I also have BCmarans in the bator from Pumpkinpup [​IMG] (Hi Robin)! LOL They are really dark aren't they! I'm on day 15 so they should be hatching this weekend through the begining of the week...Good luck with your CLUTCH [​IMG] Are those blue eggs in your bator as well? What kind are they? THX

7. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    those are EEs in there too...those are Laurens....we also have some buff brahma eggs in there (also laurens)...I have some Silver Laced Cochin Bantam eggs in there and some Silver Penciled Wyandotte eggs in there...they are going to be hatching on the 20th...Im super exicted....I just candeled and it look to be around 50% continuing to develop which I guess isnt bad for shipped eggs. [​IMG] Day 13 over here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by