New Marans

Jashdon

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Snohomish, WA
We brought home a few Marans chickens today. Two pullets and a cockerel. They seem very friendly and tame. Can't wait to start getting those dark eggs.

What did you get? Cuckoo, Copper black, black, blue???? I am hoping to get some soon... but looking for the right ones
smile.png

Good luck with your new chickens! I'd love to see pics of them!
big_smile.png

I love my two marans hens and even though mine are from a hatchery their eggs are so beautiful.
Good luck with you new marans chicks,

Henry

I think they are Cuckoo Marans. They look similar to our Barred Rocks. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. By the time we got home with them it was starting to get dark and I spent the remaining daylight getting them situated and making sure our little RIR cockerel (we just figured out the lettle devil is a roo) wasn't too mean to them. He started doing the thing where they flap up in the air and try to stick things with their spurs, only he doesn't really have them yet. Hopefully he mellows out a bit...

Last edited:
ok, here are the pictures of our new Marans.

IMG_2059.jpg

One of the pullets is standing above the cokerel. It almost seems like the pullets are watching over the roo sometimes.

IMG_2067.jpg

Here is the other pullet. She is more independant and is integrating with the other chickens a bit more.

We've only had ours for two days but they seem very laid back. In fact the cockerel seems more doclie that the pullets. He has feathers on the outside of his leggs and is very striking. I am looking foreword to hatching some eggs and increasing the amount of Marans we have. They seem like a very nice breed to have around.

Back
Top Bottom