Hi all I have read all the posts here and just finished reading today. Thank you all for the great information I really learned a lot in a short amount of time. I first started with about 500 from Petco. Thought I would get a jump on it and bought the giant size. Then after reading a few posts here figured out they would not lay eggs so dumped the lot and started over with 1000 regular worms from Amazon. They all arrived in great condition but was unhappy that the PO put the box in my mailbox. Had it been a hot day they would have cooked in there. I am using the three bin method but I prefer to sort them out myself. I have a large bin with all the mealworms in bran. I have the pupa in a small drawer and have the beetles in another drawer. All the bins have bran in them, on under tank heaters and I have a small bowel of water in the pupa drawer. I have about 40 pupa and only about 10 beetles so far. I have noticed that some of the pupa did not turn to beetles but turned very dark and then dried up and died. I was thinking it was a lack of humidity and added the cup of water. Do you guys think this was the problem? I do not have chickens but do wildlife rehab and our group always needs lots of mealworms. I was thinking of raising them for our animals and then selling any extra to make money for our group. We spend a lot of money for food, meds, vet care for the animals every year. I am doing this in my wildlife rehab shed that was converted into a room complete with electric, water, air and heat. Thanks again for all the great information and photos.