"New" Meat product at supermarket

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by ChooksinChoppers, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    It kinda took me by suprise as I hadn't seen it before but it was a big package of raw shaved beef. What the heck would you do with that? I was thinking tacos? [​IMG]

2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Ahh! It has a very good use! We use it for shabu-shabu !

3. Joz

Joz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    MidCity, New Orleans
    Philly Cheesesteaks?

4. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    its use could be for, fajita's, taco, cheesesteaks, french dips, rolled up with stuff inside as a roulaude. viet. could use it for Pho

5. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:oooh I love sesame sauce!

6. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Thing is though it was SO thin it would overcook too easily. I do love my meat on the grill [​IMG]

7. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i know alot of places put the main use on the package like "Meat for stew", things like that, did it say anything on it, was there only one pack? maybe someone order it and didn't pickup, so they put it on the shelf?

8. ChooksinChoppers

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Oh no...there was at least 4 packages of it.....no main use at all on it (kinda expensive too)

9. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Could you use it like chipped beef? I think chipped beef is pickled but I still think it would be good in white pepper gravy over mashed potatoes or toast.

10. peeplessinNC

peeplessinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    NC Piedmont
    Beef jerky? Chopped up it would cook quickly in a hot skillet for cheesesteak subs. If it doesn't say what cut it is from, either cook it really quickly at high heat or cook it long and slow. I imagine it is not from an expensive cut of beef. You could cook it in the crock pot with French onion soup and/or beef broth to make sandwiches or you could do the Italian beef recipes for the crock pot on the web. I'd probably use it in a stir fry too - or beef lo mein.

Chipped beef is dried actually.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by