New Member. 3 Chickens, 9 Goats, 3 Miniature Donkeys and 3 Dogs including Lab and Anatolian

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BJBHF, Dec 11, 2016.

1. BJBHF

BJBHF New Egg

Dec 11, 2016
    Hi,

Just purchased a 30 acre farm with 3 generation family. 5 month old anatolian is lovely but I am trying to learn what I can expect of him with chickens and how I approach that and what he expects of me.

Cheers
    B
    [​IMG]

2. ECSandCCFS

ECSandCCFS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2013
    Georgia
    :welcome Congratulations on your farm!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under BJBHF [​IMG] Welcome!

Your Anatolian is adorable!

Dogs and chickens was the Topic of the Week a couple of months ago and you might find some helpful tips on that thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1137009/topic-of-the-week-dogs-and-chickens

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] I am glad you joined us!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us and congrats on your new farm! Looks like your "crop" of snow is coming on a treat [​IMG]

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC, you may put "Livestock guardian dogs," in the search box for info on raising them right. Nice pup.

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Sorry, I don't know much about dogs except they're cute and shed everywhere. I do know several of our members keep LGDs so they may be able to advise you.

8. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Backyard Chickens! I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by