1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member - Allow me to introduce myself (and family)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by troutbum, Sep 12, 2009.

1. troutbum

troutbum Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2009
    Vancouver, Washington
    Hi there everyone. My name is Dave. I have an awesome nineteen year old son who lives in Arizona. Here in Washington, I have my Mother, Aunt, Uncle and lots of cousins (they are all my much needed support group) [​IMG] I have one Buff Orpington and one Black Australorp in my home made brooder. Both are chicks that hatched three weeks ago, out of twenty four eggs that were set in a forced air incubator. I also have twenty six day old chicks due to ship to me next week from a major hatchery (and sponsor of BYC) [​IMG] One day I will try to incubate again, but my success rate was so bad/disappointing, I don't think I could try again any time soon [​IMG]

The other family members are one Yellow male Lab (2-1/2 yrs old), Two Boer doe goats (8 month old sisters), two Nubian doe goats (5 month old sisters) and one Nubian buck (1 month old). He had a twin brother, but he was trampled last week and died [​IMG] Burying him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do [​IMG]

I've been checking out BYC for some time and liked it enough to finally join. The people here seem honest, warm, caring and genuine, like a family should be and it would appear there's not a lot of the garbage that frequents other threads/sites. This is the first thread/site that I've joined and I am looking forward to talking to lots of you and sharing your experiences. Thank you in advance to everyone who makes this a wonderful site.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. Nivrocco

Nivrocco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    S.W. VA
    Welcome from VA...[​IMG]

3. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    [​IMG]

4. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

5. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    You can learn a TON here that may help with incubating/hatching...don't give up! And enjoy those 2 little babies![​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. Sorry you lost the little buck!![​IMG]
    Enjoy your new chicks, in time you will hopefully be ready to put the incubator to good use with more success

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] Dave from a neighbor in Renton

Check out the Washingtonians Thread in the Where are you forum.

Congrats on the chicks

Imp

9. Enjaytoo

Enjaytoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2009
    Tempe
    Welcome from Arizona! Sorry about the loss of your Nubian buck [​IMG]

10. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] from Texas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by