new member and glad to be here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by brian1970, May 16, 2011.

1. brian1970

brian1970 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Tennessee
    Hey everyone i just became a new member and wanted to introduce myself because i have a bunch of questions i'll be asking as time goes by. My name is Brian and i just started raising chickens about 2 months ago and have found that it has quickly became more than a hobby, i find that i spend more time with them then any other part of the farm. I have'nt raised chickens since i was young but decided to buy a couple this spring and ended up buying 24 day old chicks i have 20 leggerns and 4 wyandotts all solid white. There all 11 weeks old and fit in great around the place there quite enjoyable to watch and my young son has a ball with them and considers them all his. Since im new a little about me. I have a small farm in east tennessee where i raise cattle,produce, and now chickens along with my son and a full time job i stay pretty busy and i found that BYC was the best place to go to get my questions answered you guys are full of knowledge so i decided to come on board. I look forward to being a part of the community.

2. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard! They sure are addicting, aren't they? You have 24 now but next year you will be in the market for a bigger farm [​IMG]

3. brian1970

brian1970 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2011
    Tennessee
    your right they are already taking over this one, and hey thanks for the welcome

4. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Maine

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] to BYC from SE Panhandle! [​IMG]

~Aspen

6. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So glad you joined this exceptional group of addicts! [​IMG]

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG] from California!

I never in my life imagined chickens would be so enjoyable just to have for bug reduction and a few eggs. I have a very mixed flock and each bird has its own personality. They are a hoot to watch and it just makes my day when I can spend some time with 'em.

BYC is the best resource for anything to do with chickens, layers, meat birds, dual purpose or just living yard art. I learned how to do things best and how to fix things I didn't do correctly. And have developed some wonderful friends - not only those with whom I socialize, but some great friends I've never even met!

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from SE Alabama.

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.