New Member and New chicken owner!

luggsbuggs

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 12, 2011
Hello to every one and I wanted to say thank you for letting me be here. I am new to owning chickens. I just got one that is Special needs and I have been trying to find her a home. I do not know if she is male or female. She is a month old. If I can not find her a home I will keep her. I have special needs ducks and I do hatch out chickens and ducks. She came to me from my friend. She was under a nest and there might have been temp issues. Her one leg sticks straight out. I am working with her by helping bend her leg, it is a little stiff from not being moved and just laying on it. The other leg she hops and jumps on. Does any one have any advise

Hello and welcome to BYC from Ohio. I really don't know what to advise you regarding your chick with the stiff leg, but if you post that in another section for illnesses and injuries, I think you'll get a lot of helpful suggestions!

Sharon

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! Thank you for joining us. Sounds like you are doing all you can to help, but I am no doctor (or vet).

Hello, and welcome! I have a special chickie, too. We will be building her a little wagon to scoot around in. There is a thread just about special ones. Someday I will have to ask for help on posting links, don't know how, but if you go on the top under search, just type special needs, and you can see all the ideas for them. Good luck to you and her. So far I try to massage it, and bend it back in place, and make sure there is range of motion. And spoil her, she deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom