1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member and Sick Chick

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CuzChickens, Apr 24, 2016.

1. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick Premium Member

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi!
    I have been wanting to join this ever since I got my new chicks in March and now I have a sick chicken I had a question on and decided now was as good a time as ever!

About the chicken. She is supposedly a Freedom Ranger broiler, but looks much smaller than the others and feather coloration is different, but could be because she is sick. I noticed her about 4 days ago in the broiler pen and she looked very small, her body was built different from the rest, her legs were a third the size of the others, I figured she was a laying hen that accidentally got shipped with the broilers. So I put her with the layers that are the same age as the broilers. She looked the same size as them. She was looking puny in the broiler pen, so I do not think putting her with the layers messed her up. They did not pick on her either. She just lies around alot even when everybody else is all playing or doing things, she just lays in the corner, I separated her from everybody else to give her some special attention and noticed her poop looks weird. It is solid green and the urine is a vibrant yellow. Nothing like anything I see on any charts. Does anybody need pictures of her or her poop? I am giving her some Molasses water with some sugar in it for a Laxative and Electrolytes I gave her some fresh Oregano to nibble on. She seems to be eating and drinking ok. Any suggestions? I do not want a chicken to die! TIA!!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please post in full detail and photos if you have them - at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread. I hope they will have suggestions and advice for you. [​IMG]

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Welcome, glad you have joined us.

But sorry about the chick of concern. Do post under emergencies.

4. CuzChickens

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Thanks! Very Newbie question, but how do I do that? I could not figure it out.[​IMG]

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. CuzChickens

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Thank you![​IMG] I am glad to be here!

7. unionhillchix

unionhillchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2014
    canon ga
  8. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] . x2 on the link union posted.

9. CuzChickens

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Thanks for the help and welcomes everybody! I love this forum!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by