New member! Bobwhite Quail

eastendquail

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2017
Considering I referred to this forum countless times while hatching/raising my Bobwhite Quail (that are now 13 weeks old) with close to no experience I figured it was time to make my own account. I hope to share my insight and seek advice from others! I'm raising my birds with the hopes of using them as tick control in the future and I think I went about raising them in a different manner than most (they're spoiled :) ) and was successful so I hope to connect with other Bobwhite enthusiasts!

G’Day from down under eastendquail :frow Welcome!

Sorry, no quail experience here but I might be able to assist by pointing you in the direction of the Quail Forum

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your Quail, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Oooh I love Bobwhite quail!! I have kept them for over a decade. Very fun little birds to keep!

A few things to keep in mind...you can't free range bobwhites as they will disappear in the woods. They are best kept in large aviaries and need at least 4 square foot per bird. They mate for life with one bird only and pairs need to be kept separate from other pairs during breeding season only to prevent killings and death.

Good luck on your quail adventures, you are in for a fun ride! :)

Back
Top Bottom