KittyWhips

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2020
Monroe, NC transplant from Boston
Hi!!!
I am excited about getting my dream pet, a silkie chicken. I have been doing research and she will be an indoor pet with plenty of room outdoors for her nature needs. I want her to live a long healthy happy life with lots of cuddles. I know NOTHING about chickens, but I love animals and I feel if you have love and respect for animass and life you can't go wrong. What I have read the silkie fits with my lifestyle as I am a stay at home wife. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and they LOVE babies, so it is important to get a chick so as she grows up they will see her as part of the pack and not a toy or food. She will find herself in the middle of a huddle of sleeping dogs next to me.
I do not want her shipped to me, no stress so I am looking for a breeder in Union County, NC or close by .Any tips are welcome. Thanks for having me here! 🐔

Picture_20201112_092225313.jpg

Hi welcome to BYC!

I don’t know much about keeping an indoor pet chicken but would you need to get 2 chicks instead of 1 to keep each other company?

Silkies are hard to sex until they’re months and months old. If you can try to find a breeder that knows how to vent sex as day old chicks, if that’s an option.

Hi welcome to BYC!

I don’t know much about keeping an indoor pet chicken but would you need to get 2 chicks instead of 1 to keep each other company?

Silkies are hard to sex until they’re months and months old. If you can try to find a breeder that knows how to vent sex as day old chicks, if that’s an option.
Thank you, I was thinking about 2 as well, and am conflicted because I want to teeny baby chick but do not want a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom