new member ~ duck mom from southern california

mara DuckMom

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 7, 2013
helloooo! no idea why I didn't join BYC sooner, I've been lurking the boards since I was thrown headfirst into duck mom life about 5 months ago..haha, I was given a single day old mallard duckling by an acquaintance that clearly bought him before she thought the decision through..not wanting the little guy to get dumped off at a park or ignored or worse, I took him in, immediately fell in love and have been living the duck mom life ever since! it's definitely been a lot of work, a lotttt of internet research and feed store visits, some unnecessary over protective duck mom stressing and tons of pooped-on clothing and towels, but most of all it has been enlightening, so much fun and as far as pet children go, one of the most amazing and rewarding animal relationships of my life thus far. do I sound crazy yet?? hahaha..i'm excited to be a part of this community now to share my experiences, be able to ask questions and get opinions in the forums and just be involved with others who love their feather babies just as much as I do!
big_smile.png
love.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! I love your avatar pic :)

Back
Top Bottom