New member-eggtopsy questions

Jewelzngems

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2018
ok so I had a bunch of eggs in my incubator. I had chicken and goose eggs. I had 2 chicks hatch but one passed after a day due to malformation (couldn’t walk properly). The other is still doing well 2 weeks later. They hatched 1 day from each other. I then had 3 geese hatch all doing extremely well but I did have to help the 2nd one out of its egg after 2 days not getting past first pip. Now I just preformed an eggtopsy on 5 eggs to try to determine why nobody else hatched. 1 chick was almost fully formed like maybe days from hatch. One was only half formed. The rest where only at about day 11 (just a yolk with dark spot). Any ideas what I did wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 20
Hello & welcome.
I never crack open the quitters. I'm more of a meter monitor. I already know they are dead. I will baby sit the meters and get second opinions on them. Record conditions. When I get some eggs proved to be dead via candle, I move on. So I can't tell you why you have have a nasty pile of goo there without seeing data recorded from the incubation period.
I strive for good hatch rates. But never achieve 1oo% as much as I would like too.
1163894-fa6c82b73dd5829fc6acafd6a2529984.gif

Back
Top Bottom