New Member-Frequent Reader

nettech864

Chirping
Aug 9, 2019
Lyman, SC
To make this easy, I think I will follow the template :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
YES!, We got our first chicks first week of April.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We currently have 6 (5 pullets and 1 cockerel)
(3) What breeds do you have?
White Leghorn (2 pullets)
Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rock (3 Pullets, 1 Cockerel)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Watching their antics and the fresh eggs! They can be a funny source of entertainment!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have too many to list, but the ones that have been most beneficial are woodworking and 3D printing
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
It is me, my wife and 2 sons (who thought we were crazy when we brought the chick home). We have a dog that doesn't know shes a dog and my youngest son has a ball python.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found this forum while googling question about our chickens. From all my reading and learning on how to raise chickens I have learned that there is just one constant...... Nothing is constant.
I joined because I feel that I have learned enough to help others. and to say that I have learned enough means I know next to nothing compared to some of your other contributors.

Welcome to BYC! I'm excited to hear you're enjoying the eggs - as we brought our chicks home the last week in April, that should mean we get to enjoy some soon! I went and looked up Sapphire Blue Plymouth Rocks - pretty chickens!

We started getting small eggs about a month ago from the Sapphires, some were soft shelled (or no shell). those three just this week started being more regular and larger. The leghorns have not started laying yet. but they are curious about the boxes and what the other girls are doing.

I will post pictures this weekend. :)

15hellloooiirev.gif
1197717-9eae35fc4e24d8214e53bca37f47dd7a.png
15hellloooii.gif

Back
Top Bottom