New Member from Alabama

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WickedNerd, Jun 5, 2011.

1. WickedNerd

WickedNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    North Alabama
    Moshi Moshi. As you can presume from my nick, I'm a nerd and proud of it. The first part of the nick derives from the fact that I'm a huge fan of the musical Wicked, but you can also assume that I have a wicked streak and have moments of wicked awesomeness. It's multifunctional. [​IMG]

I've spent a good chunk of time in a lot of areas in the US, but I consider AL my home, since most of my life has been spent here. I don't have any chickens, but I have a friend who does that posts on this forum. I like her chickens and I thought the duck she hatched for a friend was adorable. I just don't have the time or money to invest of a flock, or a pressing need to since I can go enjoy my friend's if I have the desire. Honestly, my main reason for joining was because of all the little stories she tells me that she reads on here and I find them rather amusing.

I do have a puppy that I love and adore though. [​IMG] Okay, she's not a puppy anymore, but she's still my baby. I often refer to her in conversation as my "four-legged daughter." *Squeals with delight and hugs her baby girl.*

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Welcome! Stick around here long enough and you will be getting your own chickens, I swear!!!!!

3. XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX

XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG] from Michigan! You don't have to own chickens to enjoy this site, but I warn you, you will be tempted to! Have fun and enjoy the site! [​IMG]

4. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    [​IMG]

It is okay that you don't have chickens [​IMG] I must warn you tho a couple months on here and you may be wanting some [​IMG]

5. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma!!! [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
  7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Pride, La.

8. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

9. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    yay! welcome Wickednerd *tackles hugs* so glad I finally talked you into coming on

10. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    Hello from the Pacific Northwest and [​IMG]!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by