new member from amelia, Virginia

orpingcrazy

Chirping
Sep 26, 2016
Amelia, VA
Hey,
wanted to introduce myself and glad that theres a website like this with so many knowledgeable people willing to share their experience. My name is Ron and I live in Amelia, Virginia. I have Great Danes that I show and also handle Pomeranians in AKC conformation shows. I have gotten back into chickens after many years. Currently I have a trio of gold laced orpingtons a greenfire rooster over a fancy chick hen and pullet and new chicks from them hatched last week and more due next week. Also a couple french black copper marans a little peddler / greenfire cockrell and a bev davis pullet and a trio of about 6 week old silver laced orpingtons. Glad to be here and hope to make some new friends

Last edited:
Very nice to meet you Ron. There are many dog breeders/handlers - past & present on BYC. I used to breed & show Cockers many years ago. My theory is that people who want quality dogs bred to the SOP, will do the same with chickens, or ducks, or peafowl etc. They have discriminating taste.

I must admit though there is a huge difference in showing Great Danes and Poms. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

Thanks nice to meet you and glad to be here. I know of many other dog people that are into chickens as well. The switch of taking great danes on the road to pomeranians was an easy one and worth the extra grooming lol the one I have out now finished by going breed over specials and went in the group ring and got a group 2 the same day. Nice when everything comes together and it's appreciated.

Thanks glad to be here. There are lots of beautiful dogs out there and a well bred one stands out. Being a groomer there are ones that would never do well in a show ring but are as beautiful in three own way. Chickens are a little quicker to breed in and out what ever changes are desired compared to dogs so I'm excited to get into this new adventure. Here's the boy I have out now

Greetings and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. You have some great looking chickens (and your four legged pal, too). Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
CT

Back
Top Bottom