new member from b.c.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shellyk, Oct 12, 2011.

1. shellyk

shellyk Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    Hi, I've been lurking here for a while and getting lots of great info to help with my new flock so I thought I'd better join and start contributing!!
    We've got a young family of three boys and just moved to acreage in the country last summer, now all my dreams of gardening and animals are coming true!!

We got our first chickens this spring, it's a very mixed flock of heritage breeds. 2 Americana's, 2 Australorps, 2 buff orpingtons, 6 RIR's, 1 speckled sussex, 1 silkie, 1 white bantam cochin hen, and 1 white frizzled bantam cochin rooster.
    Our banty cochin went broody after only 1 month of laying and I'm letting her sit on a clutch of 7 eggs, she's on day 6 and seems to be doing a great job so far. I don't know if this is such a great idea since the chicks are going to be a crazy mix of different laying hens and our banty frizzle rooster but she was so determined to sit so I thought why not let her try.

We also have a german shepherd, a house cat, and 2 lop eared bunnies, I would like to get some milk goats in the future too.

Welcome to all other new members
    Shelly

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Shelly, and [​IMG]. Great to have you aboard. Sounds like a beautiful flock of birds you have there. Best of luck to you!! [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC Shelly [​IMG]
    You've got a nice flock there....I have Black Australorps and Buff Orpingtons too and I think they are some of the best breeds out there [​IMG]

6. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Greetings.
    I'm curious. Has there been a poll or some other way to find out how many members there are from each country?

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hi Shelly! [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. shellyk

Oct 12, 2011
    thanks to all the welcomers!! This place is sure friendly!!

10. shellyk

Oct 12, 2011
    Quote:Almost everyone I've seen on here has been american, there must be more of us canadians around somewhere though??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by