New member from Canada

saraminten

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
Ontario
Hi everyone!
I am a new member, and new to chickens! I am from Ontario Canada. I grew up in the city but married a farmer and now live on 100 acres in the middle of no where.
I love that I can have livestock and have room to garden out here.
This year I convinced my husband it was a good idea for us to get chickens and got him to build us a small chicken tractor. It didn't quite turn out according to my plans but it does the trick and we were given all the wood for it by his parents so I can't complain :)

I feel as though I was initiated to owning chickens this morning lol. As I climbed in the pen to fill up the feeder one of my hens snuck past me and got out into the yard. I'm so glad my nearest neighbour is a kilometer away because it would have been quite a sight to see my big pregnant self and my 17 month old son trying to catch the darn thing! My son had the time of his life playing chase the chicken. I eventually had to call a neighbour to come help and we got her caught in a matter of seconds lol.

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning more about my feathered friends!

welcome-byc.gif

I'm also in On, Can, not as much land though lol Glad you got the little escapee caught!

Hello and welcome from Ohio.....so glad you joined BYC

You made me laugh at the picture of you chasing the chicken. Thanks :)

Enjoy your chickens and the site

Back
Top Bottom