New member from Central Cali

DevilsDenHen

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 16, 2014
Central Valley, California
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. Grew up with chickens but have just started my very own flock. Mostly my Orpingtons and hubby's Austrolorps :). I have lavender and buff orps and am impatiently waiting for my baby jubilees to come hopefully at the end of the month. (Birthday present from hubby).
Ive really enjoyed all the great info and entertaining stories here!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

This is the place to when you own poultry! Orps are a wonderful breed to keep! So docile and friendly.

Enjoy all your adventures with them and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I have both Australorps and Orpingtons in my flock and can vouch that you have some wonderful breeds. Australorps are my very favorite, standard breed but Orps are close (not surprising since Australorps were originally bred from Orpington stock with the goal of increasing egg production). You definitely can't go wrong with either breed. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Orpingtons and Australorps

Yes hubby did lots of research and decided he really liked the Australorps. We live in a rather hot climate here and he really liked that they lay so well in the heat. Our hens have been laying in 100+ degree weather :)

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom