New member from CT

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HavaChick, Aug 7, 2011.

1. HavaChick

HavaChick New Egg

Aug 7, 2011
    Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ronnie I'm from the Naugatuck Valley in Connecticut. I've been referring to the forum as a source of info for some time, so it is only appropriate to join and say, thanks for the great info!
    Our family owns two buff orpingtons and eight RIRs pullets for four months now. They free range during the day. I am a breeder/Exhibitor of Havanese dogs and so, long ago we built a double fence to keep Coyote out. This is an advantage for sure, to an extent. Anyhow, I also own two German Shepherd dogs both are family protection dogs, they are great with kids, small dogs and hens. We currently have 4 Havanese dogs, 1 cat and 4 fancy rats. I'm glad to know I'm not the only animal hoarder here LOL!
    Since childhood, I have been involved in caring for animals, working for Veterinarian Hospitals and Wildlife Rehabilitation (Marsupials) I have raised dogs for 10 years, I've learned the inside tricks and tips to raising animals on a budget. I enjoy cooking, I love peasant cooking, campfire cooking and getting back to basics, as I believe that we will need these skills in the very near future! I am a Baptist Christian(former Catholic), married with two children, I am so happy that we got chickens and my only regret is that we didn't do it sooner!

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Ronnie, [​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas! I agree - we may all need some self-sufficiency skills at some point! Also like you, I wish I had started with chickens sooner! Best of luck!! [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. It is good you are able to keep the coyotes out just be aware of the predators from above. [​IMG]

5. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    [​IMG] from ct over in Coventry I've learned so much from byc. it is a great place to learn. [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. [​IMG]

9. tlangsr81

tlangsr81 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    Madera, CA
    Welcome. My dog is scared of mychicks and terrified of my duckling.

10. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by